Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sensitive Ears

It has been ruled that my ears are sensitive enough to notice when someone is scratching a wound or irritated patch of skin. I have to laugh when I'm told this as I didn't think I had very sensitive ears in comparison to my own mom.

When I was a teen, mom would arrive home from work and instantly say "Turn off that shit!" What she was referring to was the music that either myself or my sister had been listening to that day. It couldn't be turned down, she could still hear it. When riding in the vehicle with mom, we could either listen to the radio or power it off.

Mind you, this isn't wasn't as hilarious as when, after a ridiculous visit to an ENT, mom was told to stop listening to loud music as it was making her ears produce excess ear wax. As a family, we had to laugh, mom is the only one in the family who listens to music only on low volume!

While I may not have mom's ears, I apparently still have sensitive ears. Snork!

No comments: