Pages

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

New Reading to Begin Understanding China

Jerry was such a sweetheart and got me a new book.

Actually since there are so many pages in the book, it was bound into four volumes. I'm going to start reading "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" (三國演義;sānguó yǎnyì) attributed to Luo Guanzhong and translated by Moss Roberts. I have an edition from the 15th printing released in 2011 by Foreign Languages Press, Beijing, China. ©1995. There are two lines on the print details page that make me laugh. "Printed in the People's Republic of china / Not for sale in North America"

I'm excited to start reading this book and I'll have to admit, I'm a little overwhelmed by the total of 2339 pages of this four volume set. I'm planning on starting the first volume tomorrow. Instead of my typical speed reading, I'll try to read it carefully to understand more about China and its people.

Here is to a new book!

No comments: