Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dihydrogen Monoxide and other dangerous chemicals

*Please note, this is a sarcastic piece of writing and does not mean to encourage FUD (Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt). I'm writing to encourage people to think and take what is found online with a grain of salt.

I have the pleasure of working in an industry where I get to work with small business owners as well as home crafters. I have heard a variety of questions over the years and while some make me laugh and some make me think, there are the questions that make me want to bite my tongue instead of being rude and asking about if they ever studied chemistry.

The one question that gets on my nerves the fastest is "But I don't want to use chemicals, do you have alternatives?" Well, last time I checked, I was enjoying a cup of Dihydrogen Monoxide while talking to you. Oh wait, yes, I'm talking about the stuff that killed an estimated 388,000 people in 2004. It is also 3rd on the list of accidental causes of death by WHO (World Health Organization) If you don't want to use chemicals, then I would recommend that Dihydrogen Monoxide is the first you stop using.

Don't forget the deadly chemicals in the air that we breathe! Everytime you breathe out, you release more carbonic anhydride which is also a deadly chemical, but you breathe in a mixture of 20%-ish diatomic oxygen gas, 78%-ish nitrogen (with the remaining being made up by other dangerous chemicals).

Save the world! Stop using dangerous chemicals!

*In the meantime, join me for a cup of tea?

No comments: