Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

OMG! Finally!

I've loved theatre FOREVER! I first became addicted in about '97 or '98 when my mom and dad started taking the family to the Hale Center Theater in Orem. I loved being able to meet all the actors and actresses after the show and lil' sis and I would always stand in line to shake hands with all of them. If you aren't familiar with the Hale Center Theater, you should go! Theater in the round has always been amazing to me and much more personal. If you don't want to/can't travel to Orem, try the Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley City, the Hale Centre Theatre in Gilbert, Arizona, or the Glendale Centre Theatre in Glendale, California.

Here in tiny Cache Valley, theatre in the round is not well known unless you have attended The Old Barn Theater out in Collinston. Afton, my voice teacher, told me that The Old Barn had some performers drop due to conflicting schedules. I checked my schedule and I was able to fill in! I'm so excited to finally be able to perform in theatre, that I'm almost speechless. Thursday, I was able to attend my first rehearsal and I feel very good about my ability to pick up information easily.

I'm going to go take a N.A.A.P. now since I can't keep my eyes open anymore. I promise I'll post more later.

No comments: